How do I set up a new Gmail account on my iPhone? | 1-850-583-3302 Toll Free
In this content you will find the steps to set up mail on your iPhone and iPad. It is very easy to set up new Gmail account on your iPhone or iPad. First of all you have to set up contacts and calendar then only you can add Gmail on your iPhone and iPad device.
Steps to add Gmail account on iPhone and iPad
Steps to add iCloud mail, Contacts and calendars on your iPhone or iPad
- First of all launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Enter your iCloud email and password and click on Sign In.
- Click on Merge if you wish to merge all your data with your iCloud storage, otherwise don’t merge.
Steps to add Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Contacts.
If you wish set up your Gmail account to your iPhone or iPad’s system apps then go through the Settings > Mail or Calendar or Contacts. Apple uses the standard IMAP, CalDAV and CardDAV services to manage syncing Google services. Unfortunately Gmail retro fitted support for IMAP and it can be offbeat at the same times if you like Gmail’s labeling system.
You can built iOS mail app and its unified inbox and you are not a paid user then you follow the given steps to have Gmail:
- Go to the Settings app from your Home screen.
- Tap on the Mail. Contacts and calendar.
- Tap on Accounts.
- Tap on Add accounts.
- Tap on Google.
- Enter your log in credentials for your Gmail account and tap Next after each steps.
- Tap on the switch which is present next to Google service that you would like to sync.If you already have the local mails, calendars, contacts or notes. In that case you can either tap Keep on My Phone or Delete after enabling the service.
- Click on save which is present on the top right corner of your screen.
After saving your Gmail account, you can access your settings at any time by tapping the Gmail entry under the Accounts header. If you want to change the description from “Gmail” to something more apt then first tap on the Gmail Account button and then tap on the Description field.
You can also choose to run Google’s services in Google’s own iOS apps.
Steps to set up Google Sync on your iPhone or iPad
The steps involved in Google Sync setup are nearly identical to exchange, for that you need to have an paid Gmail account:
- First of all launch the Settings app from your Home screen
- Now tap on calendar
- Tap on accounts
- Tap on add Accounts
- Tap on Exchange.
- Enter your Gmail Account email and password.
- Click on next.
- Enter m.Google.com as the server.
- Keep the Domain field blank.
- Enter your full Gmail or Google Accounts email addresses as the username.
- Click on next.
- Click on the Switches which is present next to each service’s account that you would like to sync with your phone. If you already have existing calendars, contacts and mail on your iPhone. Now, you will be asked either to keep them on your phone or delete them, click on the option as per your requirements.
- Click on save.
After performing the above given steps, you will be able to successfully sync your Gmail calendar with your calendar app on iPhone. So if there will be any updates on Google or on iPhone will be visible on both.